The Veterans Cell was established in April 2013 as a single point of contact for veterans’ issues and goals at Army Headquarters. Since then, its mission and charter have extended significantly to include issues other than traditional pension and welfare concerns. It interacts not just with the AG Branch’s line directors and welfare societies, but also with other directorates, state governments, skilling agencies, and placement partners across the country.
These expanded responsibilities necessitated the transformation of the Army Veterans Cell into the Directorate of Indian Army Veterans (DIAV) under the AG Branch. It now reports directly to the Adjutant General, giving the management of veteran issues in the Indian Army the respect it deserves.
You can follow the steps given below in order to use the Indian Army’s Veteran Portal:
- Visit the official website. The site can be viewed in both English and Hindi. In order to switch the language, you can click on the option provided in the top right corner.
- All the contact information and details like contact number, email address etc. are also provided.
- The website offers information about the Indian Army’s Veteran Portal like its achievements, services offered to the veterans etc.
- The next category is policy letters. Here you can find all the important policy letters that are related to the veterans. Some are listed individually whereas some are listed in folders like bank, benefits and services, pensionary entitlements, employment, AGIF benefits of veterans, etc
- The next link is Col Veterans, where you will find a list of all colonel veterans. The list consists of the name, area/sub-area, contact details and email addresses of all the veterans. Therefore, in case of need, you can locate the nearest colonel veteran from your residence
- ESM Cells link is the link where you will find ESM cells of the central command, eastern command, northern command, southern command, southwestern command, western command, ECHS and record offices
- The list containing all the agencies assigned for redressal is provided in the redressal agencies link. It is beneficial to those veterans who are unaware of the agencies about certain redressal agencies and obtain the contact details of the same.
- All the frequently asked questions are assimilated into the FAQs link. All the doubts of the Veterans are listed in the FAQs link in a form of a question-answer bank
- The related links have all the links related to the organisations dealing with ex-servicemen
- The two folders in miscellaneous are advisory and information.
- Other links provided are:
- Entitlement for Next of Kin or Widow
- Army veteran login
- Soldiers Disabled in service
- Redressal agency login
- Veterans registration form
You can follow the steps given below in order to register:
- Visit the official website
- Go to the veteran registration form link on the dashboard
- The form will demand basic details like Aadhaar card number, PAN number, Home station HQ, Army number, Name, Rank, Date of birth, Date of enrollment, etc
- After accurately filling in all the details on the form, you can dispatch the softcopy to the websites given on the website.