What precisely is Jeevan Pramaan?
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric-enabled Digital Life Certificate that pensioners can develop and share with Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDAs). The facility is open to retired personnel of the Central Government, State Governments, and other government agencies.
Senior seniors and other retired employees find it difficult to visit the bank every year and submit a life certificate in person. The Government of India has provided for such retirees to generate a digital life certificate utilising Aadhaar-based biometric authentication by visiting the Jeevan Pramaan portal or downloading the Jeevan Pramaan app on their cellphones.
If a person passes the following qualifying criteria, he can use Jeevan Pramaan’s services:
- He or she should be retired.
- He or she should be a retired government official (Central Government, State Government or other Government Institutions)
- He or she must have a valid Aadhaar number.
- The Pension Distributing Agency should be informed with the Aadhaar number.
How to Get Jeevan Pramaan Services Online
Jeevan Pramaan services are available online via the Jeevan Pramaan website or mobile application. The user must first download and install the application for Windows/Mac/Android on his or her device. To use Jeevan Pramaan services, a biometric device must be connected to the device (PC/smartphone/tablet).
The Registration Procedure
To register for Jeevan Pramaan, follow the steps outlined below:
- Launch the Jeevan Pramaan app on your mobile device.
- Choose the option to register for a new account.
- Enter the necessary information, such as your Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account, Bank Name, and Mobile Number.
- To generate an OTP and transmit it to the specified mobile number, click on send OTP.
- To proceed, enter this OTP.
- Using Aadhaar, authenticate your details through biometric verification (fingerprint or iris scan).
- After you click the submit button, UIDAI will authenticate your information and generate a Pramaan ID based on your information.
- You can access your Jeevan Pramaan account using this Pramaan ID.
How to Create a Jeevan Pramaan ID/Certificate
The programme allows you to generate Jeevan Pramaan online. To generate Jeevan Pramaan online, follow these steps:
- Enter your Pramaan ID and OTP to access your Jeevan Pramaan app.
- Select the option to Generate Jeevan Pramaan.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and mobile phone number, then click Generate OTP.
- A one-time password (OTP) is provided to the mobile number. In the space provided, enter the OTP.
- Enter information such as —
- Pensioner’s Name PPO Number Pension Type
- Name of the Sanctioning Authority
- Name of the Disbursing Agency
- Name of the Agency Email Address
- Choose the Remarried option.
- Choose Re-Employed Options.
- Choose no objections and scan your fingerprint/iris.
- The biometric input is validated using Aadhaar data.
- After successful verification, the Jeevan Pramaan appears on the screen.
- A confirmation SMS with the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID is delivered to the pensioner’s mobile number.
The Advantages of Jeevan Pramaan
- Jeevan Pramaan makes it simple for retirees to submit their Digital Life Certificate.
- The verification is carried out utilising Aadhaar-biometric authentication, which reduces the possibility of fraudulent activity.
- When the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate is successfully generated, an SMS message is given to the pensioner.
- There can be no DLC without the pensioner’s agreement.
- Once submitted, the pensioner’s monthly pension is deposited into his pension account.