Bharat Ke Veer is a new web portal developed by the central government for the general public to donate to the families of Indian Armed Forces martyrs and servicemen. Anyone who wishes to support the families of martyrs can do so online through the bharatkeveer.gov.in portal. The Ministry of Home Affairs has launched a web platform and app to pay tribute to the brave hearts who have given their lives to safeguard their country and inhabitants.
The major goal of the Bharat Ke Veer portal is to allow the general public to aid the families of martyrs by donating money online directly to the account of the individual braveheart or to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus. Bravehearts from the following armed forces are among the major forces invited to contribute to the Bharat Ke Veer Portal.
- The Assam Rifles (AR) were involved in border guarding along the Indo-Myanmar border as well as counter-insurgency operations in the North East.
- The Border Security Force (BSF) patrols India’s borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh, as well as conducts anti-insurgency operations.
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) protects vital sectors such as airports, metro systems, important industries in both the public and private sectors, heritage monuments, government buildings, and protected persons.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is the major force in charge of internal security, including anti-Naxal operations, counter-insurgency responsibilities in J&K and the North East, and law and order issues.
- India’s borders with China are patrolled by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). It is specially trained to operate in high altitude mountainous environments and occasionally performs interior security responsibilities.
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) provides a specialised response to natural and man-made catastrophes, saving lives and livelihoods while also preparing communities for disaster resilience and risk reduction.
- The National Security Guard (NSG) is a Special Forces unit tasked with counter-terrorism, counter-hijacking, and hostage-rescue operations, as well as providing “mobile security” to designated protectees.
- The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), with the motto “Service Security Brotherhood,” is primarily responsible for guarding India’s borders with Nepal and Bhutan. The force also performs internal security tasks and is deployed in numerous states to cope with LWE/counter-insurgency.
STEP 1: To make an online gift or contribution, go to the Bharat Ke Veer Portal
STEP 2: To make a contribution, scroll over the “Contribute to” tab on the homepage and then click on the “Bravehearts” link if you wish to contribute to the individual account or the “Bharat Ke Veer Corpus Fund” link in the menu as seen in the image below.
STEP 3: After choosing the “Bravehearts” link or going to bharatkeveer.gov.in/viewMartyrsGalleryPage, you can choose an individual soldier from the displayed list or search for one and make your gift.
STEP 4: After clicking on the “Bharat Ke Veer Corpus Fund” link or bharatkeveer.gov.in/donorLogin, simply enter your mobile number and hit the “Send OTP” option.