We all are a part of a world which has seen a revolution of digitisation in all the sectors, be it banks, the internet, shopping, mobile, etc. People want to reduce the time and effort spent on doing things manually and prefer doing things using the latest technology available.
One such thing is the e-hospital, a scheme launched by the Government of India in order to push the use of technology to empower and connect people in the areas related to health and medicine
E-hospital is an online registration structure where people can avail online services like registration and appointment, view diagnostics report, pay fees, etc in government hospitals through this portal.
It was launched as a part of the Digital India program by Prime Minister Narendra Modi out of the 13 digital schemes launched at Digital India Week.
Online Registration System
Online Registration System or ORS is an online portal where Indian citizens having Aadhar cards can enrol for appointments in hospitals across various states and union territories of India. By the means of this service, getting an appointment in the outpatient department or OPD, lab reports and blood availability in any government hospital has become easy and convenient.
As of September 2016, 46 hospitals covering 478 departments provide this kind of service.
Booking an appointment
The portal helps in booking appointments through online mode in various hospitals across different departments. One can book an appointment in the following ways:
- By utilising e-know your customer or eKYC data of Aadhaar number in case the patient’s mobile number is registered with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- In case the mobile number of the patient is not registered with UIDAI, the portal will use the patient’s name
- Any new patient who is being enrolled for the first time in the portal will receive a Unique Health Identification Number or UHID
- In case the Aadhaar number is already linked with the UHID number, a new appointment number will be generated and the UHID number will remain as it is.
The key features of the e-hospital portal are as follows:
- Simplified appointment process
The e-hospital portal provides a simple appointment process for the patients. It simplifies the process of registration in the hospital. All you have to do is authenticate using the Aadhaar number and then select the hospital you prefer to go to. Then, select the department and date of appointment. Lastly, after filling in the required details, you will be receiving an SMS with all the details related to the appointment.
- Easy to use
It helps the user to see the available slots for appointments in the preferred hospital all in one place
- Old and new patients
The users can see the total number of patients that are old as well as new, who have booked appointments.
- Appointment management process
The portal facilitates hospitals to manage the appointment and registration process easily and monitor them.
- Hospitals on board
The hospitals can come on board and offer appointment slots to their patients through online booking